Thursday, May 10, 2012

Expansion


Via Poor Artists

I've been working on my album for about 2 and a half years. Not every day or every week, but on and off. I have also been writing (fiction) and that has been something calming and therapeutic for me. Whilst it has been therapeutic for the past few years I have started feeling a little stuck. Stuck and broken. I came across this image on Poor Artist and it spoke to me.

The sculpture (entitled Expansion) is the work of artist Paige Bradley “From the moment we are born, the world tends to have a container already built for us to fit inside: a social security number, a gender, a race, a profession,” says Bradley. “I ponder if we are more defined by the container we are in than what we are inside. Would we recognize ourselves if we could expand beyond our bodies?” (via Poor Artists)

Like the woman in the sculpture I am trying to find inner peace when I feel so broken. The past few years have been about my creativity that I may very well have forgotten about ll my other needs. I want to travel, I want to COMPLETE my album and books, I want something different. I need a change so badly. I also need peace. There has been waaaay too much 'fighting and struggling' in my life lately.

Marcee turns 30 in September and we have agreed to embark on 'make small changes' journey. Small changes will hopefully lead to big changes. Wish me luck and strength.

Porcelain. Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment