Friday, May 4, 2012

April Book (Dr Seuss)

When I told Marcee what my April Book was she laughed. I am not kiddding when I say that 'Oh, The Places You'll Go' is one of my favourite books. I only read it 2 years ago and often revisit it when I am feeling down or need perspective. Once when asked to give a talk to a bunch of really inspirational 'dance for life' contestants, I read bits from the book to make a few points. Its fun to quote the 'great thinkers' of our time but nobody does it better than Dr Seuss.

This is what my cover looks like too. Too lazy to take a pic blah blah blah

But on you will go
though the weather be foul.
On you will go
though your enemies prowl.
On you will go though the Hakken-Kraks howl.
Onward up many
a frightening creek,
though your arms may get sore
and your sneakers may leak.

On and on you will hike.
And I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems
whatever they are.

- Dr Seuss (Oh, The Places You'll Go)

Read this book and thank me later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment