Monday, February 6, 2012

January Book (A Mercy)

I've decided that I'm going to try and read at least 1 book a month in 2012. In January I sat down with a book that I had bought and then proceeded to run from: A Mercy by Toni Morrison. I ran from the book for almost a year. I just didn't feel ready to read it. The 'right time' finally arrived and boy am I glad that it did. Anybody who knows me will tell you that I am a Toni STAN. I love her work and cannot be reasoned with when it comes to it.


Via SFGate
I don't believe in reviewing music or books, something about it feels unclean to me. I will tell you how this gorgeous book made me feel though: I was wrapped up in Toni's words and never wanted to leave the world they created around me.

I tried to read it slowly, but my hunger and curiosity got the better of me. The January book was AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment