Friday, May 11, 2012

Elephant Shoes

Please let me apologise for starting off this intro with a cliche; Last week I was driving and listening to 'The Fresh Drive'. I don't listen to a lot of radio but if I'm in my car when the Fresh Drive is on, I will almost always tune in. This song came on and something happened inside of me. Its difficult to explain without sounding like a complete lunatic.

Before the chorus came in I was already in love with the melody and the guys sweet unassuming voice. I could tell almost immediately that this is the future of South African music. I didn't want the song to stop but I was also curious as to who this very talented guy was. Ladies and gents allow me to introduce you to Cape Town singer songwriter Mr Jimmy Nevis.I haven't been this excited about a song in a while. I have been singing this song ever since I heard it.


No comments:

Post a Comment