Thursday, February 9, 2012

February Book 1 (Memoirs of an Outsider)

Zakes Mda is one of my favourite authors, so much so that this month I am reading two of his books. I was reading Cion when I bought Sometimes there is a Void (Memoirs of an Outsider). I stopped reading Cion, not because it was boring but because my curiosity got the better of me. I wanted to know where my favourite authors was from, where his love for writing came from, what his childhood was like etc.


I was unable to put this book down. It made me realise just how little I knew about the history of Lesotho and the 'arts scene' in South Africa. It almost felt like I had gone to visit him in his home and every day was spent just listening to him talk. I am not disappointed that I bought the book. His honesty made me appreciate him even more.

source
I will be reading Cion for the rest of the month. 2 book in February? I'm impressed with myself *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment