Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Music Video Tings

Yes. I used the word 'tings' in the post title. Moving right along.

Last weekend I shot the first part of the music video for a song I released almost a year ago (Butterflies DJ Zinhle remix). A friends little sister is a film school student in 3rd year and she approached me to shoot a music video. Marcee and I are already clear about what music videos we are shooting next, concepts, dates etc. So we thought it would be cool to give them Butterflies (DJ Zinhle remix) to work with. It was the first one of my songs to be playlisted A LOT overseas. It was only 8 countries, but the reception was very good.

Last Saturday was the 'green screen' shoot. I had never done a green screen shoot, so it was very interesting. I had to do a lot of pretending. The idea is that there are butterflies all around me and I'm interacting with them. It made me feel like I always do; crazy. So I suppose it was no different to every day of my life.



The dress is by Lazuli. We spent all morning trying things on and just before we left I tried this one on and Marcee and Bukiwe (stylist) both agreed that it was the ONE. This weekend we shoot the rest of the music video.




I performed Butterflies on Expresso in Feb of this year. Its a very naked, stripped down version of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment