Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Inspiration: Stimela

I grew up listening to Stimela as a kid. In fact hearing their songs as well as those by Sankomota always makes me think of Saturday afternoons in Soweto as a kid; My mom hanging up washing, while a visiting uncle sits outside with my dad with music blasting from a neighbours house.

It was only as a presenter at Radio 2000 that I really started to APPRECIATE Stimela. They were truly before their time. Check out this song: Whispers in the deep. I even dig the video and its interpretation of some of the lyrics.




The late Nana Coyote's vocals are my favourite part of this song. I also love that the band is having such a good time in this video. This song makes me feel the same way.

Thank you Stimela for the music.

I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment