Monday, October 11, 2010

Great Find: Ella Starr

I have been following her on Twitter, @ella_eh, for a while. Today I finally took sometime to listen to her music. I like this song 'Mirror me'.

07 MIRROR ME by ellastarr

It has that old school SWV, 702 vibe about it. I really like it. Right now everybody is about sounding a euro pop as possible, but Ella Starr isn't. I get the feeling that she knows that R&B still has its place in music. When I first heard it, I thought she was singing about having a crush on another woman: "hair down her back like, buys all her make up at MAC like me..." But that seemed too easy for me. So I listened to it again. I think its a song about her loving herself... Physically. Like Tweet's 'Oops Oh my. I LOVE IT!!

I wrote Nobody Knows a while ago, its on the EP 'Green'. The song encourages men to ask their women what they like because 'nobody knows this body like I do'. I'm all for women loving themselves... Back to Ella.

I'm loving what I'm hearing. Her voice is not difficult to listen to and she sounds like she is not afraid to have fun. You can find out more about her HERE and you can also listen to her mixtape. I love finding new music & new artists.


Ella Starr (pic via ellastarrmusic.com)
I.P

1 comment: