Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sia

Every Sunday I'm going to blog about things that inspire me as a musician.



I saw this live performance by Sia a few months ago. I was so impressed, but I had stopped blogging. Now that I am doing it again, I would like to share it.

I loved that she let the theme live beyond the video (see below) and found a way to keep it beautiful live. This woman has an incredibly unique voice & her quirky-ness is also quite endearing. She definitely isn't weird for 'being weird' sake. She appears to be really comfortable with The-Weird.




I love colours, I think people don't get creative enough with colours, the use of colour in the video is simply beautiful. This is honestly the first time I felt like the music was being well represented visually. Often music videos are not an extension of the music itself, but in this case it was a perfect match. I have to hand it to her (pun intended), it is a thing if beauty!

I am inspired. Thank you Sia. :)
I.P (Invincible Porcelain)

No comments:

Post a Comment